Friday, September 21, 2007

The scream woke me up. I was having a dream about huge anaconda-sized snakes swimming in the bay ande I awoke to the high-pitched shriek coming from where I didn't know.

I stumbled to my feet in the dark, grabbed the mag light and walked across the hall to the guest room, where the noise was louder. I had set a mousetrap in there for the vermin but the screams were so loud I thought I hooked a possum.

Nope. It was a big fat rat. I've caught lots of mice here, but never a full-fledged rat. He was tossing the trap around the room, latched to his head, like it was a clothes pin.

Shit. It was 2 a.m. I went to the living room, found the possum killer plumber's wrench and ended it quick.

Tried to sleep. The alarm clock came soon after the end.

Yet another tresspasser I don't want running across my bed at night when I'm here camping in the cabana...



I guess my head gives it some scale. Would you want this running across your head?

I took these with Katryn's camera and it's kind of cool how the rat is out of focus and the background is in...artsy shots of the vermin intruder...

No comments:


cedar park, tx summer 2010

the Exorcist stairs

the Exorcist stairs
georgetown, washington d.c.

and the emmy goes to...

and the emmy goes to...
winner in willoughby, 2007