Wednesday, September 19, 2007

time to go, time to go, I want to go...

The signs have been here all along.

Last year before Christmas work made us get cell phone accounts in our own names, an unexpected expense at Christmas time. My account costs $90 a month and I'm reimbursed for fifty of that.

It cost me $40 a month to keep my job. Merry Xmas...

Then the neighbors true colors became apparent. He liked to beat his girlfriend around when he got real drunk while the twelve year old girl cowered in a back room. Then he'd disappear for days on a crack binge. Those were the best days for the family. I had them evicted.

Then it was quiet. And it got quieter when the cable was turned off. Then loud when the lightning struck and destroyed the computer and took blue from the television. And it was quiet again for a long time...

Then it was hot, unbearably hotter than usual and we had to hide from the sun, from summer. The bugs bred in unbelievable numbers in the humidity.

And, then it was real quiet...

Because I took the kids home for school. They told me to move as quick as I could. As quick as I can find a job...

And when I returned to paradise it smelled like dirty, wet ass and was a dark, brown tidal wave of pollution.

And then the cop took my license for no good reason and the DMV raped me for a car I don't have. I could have lost my job that day. If I don't pay their bullshit insurance scam, I will...

My parents put their house on the market in Colorado today. It was sold in four hours.

The signs are there...it costs me $118 a month to keep my job in Virginia. I need a job in the north. There aren't any...

It's time to go. I want to go...I just don't have anywhere to go...

I've been waiting to move since I moved here, five years ago...
I'm tired of fucking waiting...

No comments:


cedar park, tx summer 2010

the Exorcist stairs

the Exorcist stairs
georgetown, washington d.c.

and the emmy goes to...

and the emmy goes to...
winner in willoughby, 2007